Personal Information is information through which you can be directly or indirectly identified, e.g. your name, your e-mail address and items you purchased (provided we can connect them to your e-mail/customer account).
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We receive Personal Information from you in the following cases:
Sign-up/Registering: We store the information that you provide to us, such as when
- you create an account at our website (including e-mail, name, date of birth and additional information you may voluntarily provide us e.g. your general interests, items you register that you previously purchased in stores or when you create a wish list).
- you give us your e-mail address in our stores to receive an electronic receipt for your purchase.
- you share any pictures/materials with us for publication on social media.
- you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us.
Transactions: We collect details of purchases on our website or in stores (date, price and products purchased) as well as when you return or exchange a product or when you send us your product for warranty or repair service and any communication in connection with this.
Visiting our website/Using e-mails: We store details of your visits to the websites (such as pages visited) and your interactions with any e-mails that we send to you. For more information, see our Cookies Section.
WHAT DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
Transactions/Provision of services:
- Your Personal Information is required to process your purchases, send you confirmations or electronic receipts (if you requested this), screen transactions for fraudulent behavior, handle any returns, repairs to exchanges of your products and any communication related to this.
- We use your Personal Information to administer your website accounts such as to enable you to access your shopping bag, see products you saved for later, products you registered (which may earn you points to redeem at stores) or to show you other products that may interest you.
- When you enter a sweepstake/contest, we process your data to enable your participation.
Analytics: We use and connect Personal Information to help us learn more about our users’ shopping preferences, to be able to tailor our offers and websites according to your interests and preferences, to help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services, to analyze trends and statistics, to present content in the clearest and most friendly manner for you.
Direct marketing: We will only contact you for direct marketing purposes per e-mail, text message or mail when you have given us your prior consent. At any time you may opt-out from receiving further marketing messages, for example by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Securing our assets: We may also use Personal Information to protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
We may use Personal Information for any purpose associated with or related to the above purposes.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
TYPES OF COOKIES
We use session Cookies that expire at the end of a browser session (from when a user opens the browser window to when they exit the browser) and persistent Cookies which remain on your hard drive until you erase them or they expire. How long a persistent Cookie remains on your browser depends on how long the visited website has programmed the Cookie to last or they can be stored for longer.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a Cookie and give you the option to accept or reject it, or you can set your browser to generally reject Cookies. If your browser automatically rejects Cookies, you may not be able to conduct some transactions or use some services on our website.
- Functional Cookies: These Cookies are required for the website to function and for you to use our services. They include, for example, Cookies that enable you to log in, use a wish list or store products in a shopping cart. They may also enable us to recognize you when you return to our site and store information about your preferences, so they allow us to customize our site according to your individual preferences (such as the language chosen by you).
- Analytical Cookies: These Cookies analyze how users navigate around the website (pages visited, links used etc.) or use e-mails we sent to users. They enable us to better understand interests of users and to improve our website and services. We currently use Google Analytics and Clickstream for such analytical purposes. If you want to opt-out from Google Analytics you can use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Third party advertising: We use third-party service providers to display advertisements (banners or links) on our behalf across the internet. These advertising service providers may collect information about your visits to our website and your interactions with our products and services, as well as your visits to other websites. Such information does not include your name, address, e-mail address but may contain browser-related information.
DISCLOSURE/SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
vintageleather.com.au will not provide Personal Information to any third party without obtaining your prior consent except for the following cases:
- We may involve other companies in providing services to you. These other companies might be members of the vintageleather.com.au or other third party providers, which may be based in jurisdictions other than Australia. Third party providers perform various different services in support of our websites and our business such as administrative, computer, technology outsourcing, data processing and marketing services. In these instances, we will need to share your Personal Information with these companies. Where we engage service providers that use Personal Information on behalf of vintageleather.com.au we will ensure that Personal Information is processed for specific purposes and according to the contractual instructions of vintageleather.com.au only.
vintageleather.com.au will keep your Personal Information for as long as necessary to carry out the services or for as long as we are required by law. After this your Personal Information will be deleted. We cannot remove your Personal Information when there is a legal storage requirement, such as accounting rules or when there are other legal grounds to keep the data, such as an ongoing contractual relationship.
We consider the security of your personal data a top priority. Accordingly, while no set of privacy and security standards or safeguards is 100% secure, any information that you share with us is kept secure and strictly confidential in accordance with this policy. We take various precautions to protect information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, alteration, destruction or similar risks.
LINKS TO OTHER MATERIALS
If you are offered a link to connect to a third-party website, it is for the convenience of our website visitors. Sites linked to and from this website are not necessarily under the control of vintageleather.com.au and vintageleather.com.au has no responsibility for the content or privacy practices of any such linked site or service. We recommend you to read the privacy policies of those third parties to see how your information is handled.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
This website gives you the ability to view and change the Personal Information you provided to us within the My Account section of the website. You may access information we hold about you, request a correction where data is incorrect or a deletion of your data, unless we have to keep your data for legal reasons. For any inquiries please contact us at email@example.com .
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please address any questions or concerns, inquiries, complaints, requests to access or correct your Personal Information, or requests to limit the processing of your Personal Information regarding our Privacy Program or our practices concerning Personal Information to:
Telephone Number: +61291358742
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org